The Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter (Determine one) is actually a blade change option for IBM BladeCenter H and HT chassis, supplying the server I/O answer necessary for high-performance, scale-out, virtualized and nonvirtualized x86 computing architectures. It's a line-rate, really low-latency, nonblocking, Layer two, 10 Gigabit Ethernet blade swap that is definitely entirely compliant with all the INCITS Fibre Channel above Ethernet (FCoE) and IEEE 802.1 Information Center Bridging (DCB) specifications.
With the heart with the Cisco Nexus 4001I will be the unified change application-specific built-in circuit (ASIC), a new, purpose-built, high-performance, line-rate change ASIC that provides very minimal and steady latency across all packet dimensions impartial from the configured networking functions. The unified swap ASIC supports regular Ethernet and Priority Move Management (PFC) and Enhanced Transmission Variety, needed for lossless Ethernet transmission. LAN and SAN networking protocols are delivered via Cisco® NX-OS Software, the industry's first modular, fault-tolerant, hugely offered running technique created precisely to aid unified cloth knowledge middle networks. Using the mix of the unified swap ASIC and Cisco NX-OS, the Cisco Nexus 4001I extends the main advantages of the Cisco Nexus Family members of information heart switches to blade servers: the quickest expanding segment of the server market.
• Decrease overall expense of operation (TCO): Deployment of unified material with the Cisco Nexus 4001I with the blade server access permits a substantial reduction inside the number of switches, LAN and SAN community interface cards (NICs), ports, optic modules, and cables. This consolidation of server access community factors considerably decreases the general money and operation charges on the info middle community through reduction during the amount of network factors that ought to be ordered, managed, powered, and cooled.
• Large overall performance: The Cisco Nexus 4001I is a line-rate, feature-rich, incredibly low-latency swap capable of enabling server accessibility migration from Gigabit Ethernet to 10 Gigabit Ethernet to lossless ten Gigabit Ethernet, along with supporting the demanding latency demands of high-performance computing (HPC) clusters and high-frequency trading applications.
• Enhanced server virtualization: Working with unified cloth on the server entry with Cisco Nexus 4001I provides the uniform interfaces, simplified cabling, and steady server entry layout required to get the benefits of automatic virtual machine mobility. The Cisco Nexus 4001I used at the side of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Swap delivers an operationally reliable and clear server access design for digital machine deployments, significantly decreasing the overhead necessary to configure, troubleshoot, and repair service the server entry link among the virtual NIC (vNIC), virtual swap, and the blade swap.
• Elevated resilience: The Cisco Nexus 4001I extends Cisco NX-OS into the blade server accessibility, delivering a fault-tolerant network with solitary modular operating method across the data middle.
• Fourteen fixed ten Gigabit Ethernet server-facing downlinks (autosensing ports; also can work in Gigabit Ethernet mode)
• Six mounted ten Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (autosensing ports; can also run in Gigabit Ethernet mode)
• Two management ports: 1 exterior 10/100/1000BASE-T port and a single internal port for state-of-the-art management module (AMM) connectivity
• One particular RS-232 serial console port
The Cisco Nexus 4001I inserts into your high-speed slot (HSS) of your IBM BladeCenter H or HT chassis. The Cisco BladeCenter H and HT chassis are meant to aid as much as four Cisco Nexus 4001I switches for each chassis.
Transceiver and Cabling Solutions
The Cisco Nexus 4001I supports all kinds of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity choices making use of Cisco 10GBASE Small Form-Factor Pluggable Furthermore (SFP+) modules. For in-rack or adjacent-rack cabling, the Cisco Nexus 4001I supports SFP+ direct-attach 10 Gigabit Ethernet copper, an impressive alternative that integrates transceivers with Twinax cables into an energy-efficient and low-cost alternative. For lengthier cable runs, multimode and single-mode optical SFP+ transceivers are supported. Desk 1 lists the supported 10 Gigabit Ethernet transceiver options.
|Product Name||Product Description|
Cisco Nexus 4005 Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter
The abundant attribute set of the Cisco Nexus 4000 Series Blade Switches would make these the best blade switches for access-layer programs. The series safeguards investments in information heart IBM BladeCenter environments with standards-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet and FCoE capabilities that enable IT departments to consolidate networks determined by their own demands and timing. The mix of high port density, lossless Ethernet, wire-speed effectiveness, and intensely reduced latency may make the Cisco Nexus 4000 Series switches excellent for meeting the increasing desire for ten Gigabit Ethernet that will aid unified material in enterprise and service provider information centers, shielding enterprises' investments.
IEEE 802.1 DCB enables Ethernet fabrics to assist lossless transmission to improve community scalability, assistance I/O consolidation, simplicity administration of multiple targeted traffic flows, and optimize performance. Cisco's unified material consolidates all info middle I/O onto Layer 2 Ethernet. Unified fabric reduces money and operating costs by lowering the number of server adapters, cables, and upstream switches required. All I/O (LAN, SAN, and cluster) usually is consolidated onto two Ethernet back links. IEEE 802.1 DCB and FCoE enable the incorporation of Fibre Channel frames within a unified fabric, facilitating wire-once methods during which all servers turn out to be able of SAN link.